Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Olympic Speech


We have been learning to write and present our speeches. We had to persuade the audience to think our way. The Olympics was our theme.

The criteria we had to use to write and present our speech included, an introduction, delivery, content and our conclusion.

Today we learned:

  1. To write a powerful introduction
  2. To use appropriate words
  3. Pose a question

On Friday17 of August Rooms 9-12 announced their speech in front of the whole school.
Before room 12 announced their speech we have been recording each others speeches on our netbooks.

Some of us were nervous and some of us were calm.
Our theme was on Olympics.

I was really nervous but not as nervous as Tan - Charlie, he was shaking.
When Mr. Hendricks called me to say my speech I was a bit nervous.
I did not know whether my speech was 3 minutes or less.

I thought I was good because I didn't look at my cue cards, I just looked at the kids.
As I was Looking at the kids I thought I would mumble in the middle of my speech.
Once I saw my family I felt alright, but still nervous.

Once I was finished I sat back down.
Mr.Hendricks called the Yr7-6 onto the stage.
I thought I didn't come first but I did come fourth.
Even though I didn't come first I was still happy.




0 comments:

Post a Comment